Please carefully read the Faculty Leaves Policy to assure compliance beyond the instructions provided below.
To the Faculty Member
Complete the form below that corresponds to the leave for which you wish to apply. Deliver your completed form and any other required or requested materials to your department office to begin the approval process.
Personal Leave requests must be submitted along with documents that provide additional details for evaluation of the leave request, as necessary.
Professional Development Leave requests must be submitted with additional documents presenting the following:
- The nature of the professional leave opportunity and its potential contribution to your expertise or productivity.
- The scholarly or pedagogical products that are likely to result from this leave and the likely benefits that will accrue to the university from this leave.
- The criteria you feel should be used to evaluate the success of this leave.
- Any other items or considerations you feel are relevant to your proposed leave.
Contact Benefit Services (2-7146, D240 ASB, email@example.com) regarding limitations on employee benefits during an approved leave.
To the Department & College
In the rare case of a pre-CFS faculty member pursuing a professional development leave, or if there will have been fewer than six academic years between this leave and the faculty member's previous leave, the application packet must include memos from both the chair and the dean addressing:
- Why the leave is a rare and exceptional professional development opportunity.
- The CFS implications for a leave at this stage of the pre-CFS faculty member's career.
Any financial support beyond salary that is requested by the applicant should be evaluated carefully by the chair and dean before the application packet is submitted to the university. Chair's and dean's signatures constitute commitment to provide the requested support.